This is the Comprehensive Privacy Notice (hereinafter referred to as “Privacy Notice”) for Users and Visitors of the Americas Mining Corporation website. This Privacy Notice is aimed at individuals holding personal data who use, browse, or provide information through this electronic means.
This Privacy Notice provides information about the entity responsible for your personal data, what type of information we can collect, the purposes that motivate the collection, use and custody of your personal data, as well as the mechanisms for you to exercise your rights, among other information in order that you can decide in an informed manner about the treatment we can give to your personal data.
This Privacy Notice has been prepared and published to comply with the provisions of the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties (hereinafter the “Law”), its Regulations and other provisions applicable in Mexico.
Identity and Address of the Responsible
Americas Mining Corporation (hereinafter the “Responsible” or “AMC”), with address, to hear and receive notifications, at Campos Elíseos 400 Office 1102, Alcaldía Miguel Hidalgo, C.P. 11000, Mexico City, Mexico, is the entity responsible of the treatment and protection of your personal data.
Personal Data requested by the Responsible
In order to comply with the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, AMC may process the following categories of personal data
- Identification data
- Contact details
- Employment and/or professional data
For the purposes described below, we do not collect or request personal data considered sensitive by Law, so you must refrain from providing information of this nature to the Responsible for the purposes provided in the Privacy Notice.
Purposes for the Processing of Personal Data
AMC, will process or may process your personal data for the following primary purposes:
- Identify the user – owner.
- Upon request of the holder, provide corporate information about AMC.
- Where appropriate, manage the arrangement of interviews or delivery of information to the media.
- Provide attention, follow-up and communication with users (holders) who have contacted AMC through electronic means.
- Statistics and historical record of navigation on the AMC website.
- Data analysis through the use of analytics, artificial intelligence and / or “big data” technologies, in order to evaluate the use of the services and information we provide on the AMC website.
The Responsible will not process your personal data for secondary purposes.
Means to collect personal data
For the purposes above mentioned in this Privacy Notice, AMC collects personal data through the following means:
- Contact forms published on our website: https://www.americasmining.com/contacto/
Transfers of Personal Data
Your personal data may be transferred, within Mexico or abroad, to the following categories of recipients and for the following identified purposes:
- To our parent company and / or holding companies, controlled, subsidiaries, affiliates and / or any company of the same group of the Responsible which has and apply the same internal processes and policies, for the fulfillment of the purposes referred to in this Privacy Notice and to communicate to these companies about information requested by users about products and services.
- Government Agencies; federal, state and/or municipal public administrations; commissions; institutes and/or regulatory entities, for compliance with public security regulations, as well as for compliance with judicial or administrative requirements issued by competent authorities.
In accordance with article 37 of the Law, the aforementioned data transfers do not require your consent in order to be carried out. However, if we communicate your data to any affiliate or subsidiary of Grupo México, these companies will be the new responsible for your data and will communicate the purposes and applicable regulation to your personal data.
Any transfer of your personal data that does require your consent will be previously informed, through the communication and updating of this Privacy Notice and prior to the data communication.
Means and procedure to exercise your ARCO rights (Access, Rectify, Cancel and / or Oppose)
The Law regulates the rights of access, rectify, cancel or oppose (hereinafter, the “ARCO Rights”) that each user has as the owner of personal data. ARCO rights include:
- Access: it is the right you have in order to know what data we have about you, as well as to know how we use or share it.
- Rectify: it is the right you have in order to request at any time the rectification of your data, if for any reason it is incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete in our databases.
- Cancel: it is the right to ask us to delete your information. The cancellation of personal data will result in a blocking period, after which the suppression of the data will take place.
- Oppose: it is the right that you have, due to a legitimate reason, to object the processing of your personal data.
For the exercise of any of your ARCO Rights, you or your legal representative may submit your request by sending an email to: [email protected].
The request, at least, must include:
- Your full name and address, or other means to provide you the response to your request,
- Copy of an ID (or power of attorney, if someone exercises the right on your behalf),
- The description of the ARCO Right you want to exercise, as well as information related.
- Any other information that you consider important to attend your request or locate your personal data.
Additionally, your request must be submitted through the filling out of the application form to exercise ARCO Rights and Consent Revocation, which we make available to you by email to [email protected].This form contains all of the necessary information to attend the exercise of your ARCO right in accordance with the Law.
If the information provided is insufficient or incorrect or the aforementioned documents are not attached, the Responsible within 5 (five) business days following the receipt of the request, will require you (only once) to provide the necessary information or documents to process your request. You will have 10 (ten) business days from the date in which you receive our solicitation in order to fulfill it. In the event we do not receive response within such period, your request shall be deemed unsubmitted.
If the request is duly completed, the Responsible within a maximum period of 20 (twenty) business days, counted from the date on which the request for access, rectify, cancel, or oppose was received, we will inform you the resolution, and if it is resolved favorably, it will be executed within a maximum period of 15 (fifteen) business days from the notification of the determination. The timeframes above may be extended for an equal period, when justified by the circumstances of the case.
The aforementioned resolution will be sent via email (or to the address indicated for this purpose in your request). Likewise, for the exercise of the right of Access, the Responsible will send by email (or to the address indicated for this purpose in your Request) in a declarative or informative manner your personal data. In this communication, we will provide you with a complete list of all personal data we hold about you in our databases.
Limitation of the use and/or disclosure of your personal data
In the event that for any situation you need to limit the scope, in whole or in part, of the use and/or disclosure of your personal data, the owner must contact AMC via e-mail to: [email protected].
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may request to limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by express written request in this regard. The requirements and procedure for handling your request will be the same as those defined for the exercise of ARCO rights, set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Revocation of your consent
In accordance with the applicable regulation, you may revoke the consent that you have previously granted. However, it is important that you keep in mind that not in all cases your request will be resolved or terminated the use of your data immediately, since it is possible that, due to a legal obligation, it may be necessary to continue processing your personal data.
For such purposes, you may contact AMC via e-mail: [email protected], including any information that allow us to identify you. The requirements and the procedure for the revocation of consent will be the same as those defined for the exercise of the ARCO rights, described previously.
We inform you that on our website we use “cookies”, “web beacons” or other technologies, which may be used to monitor the behavior of a visitor and provide you with a better service and experience when browsing our page.
“Cookies” are text files that are automatically downloaded and stored on the customer’s device to allow our systems recognize the device and other features, including among them username and password.
On the other hand, “web beacons” are images that are delivered through an Internet page or email, which can be used to monitor the behavior of a visitor, such as storing the user’s IP address, length of the interaction time on said page, the type of browser used, among others.
The personal data we obtain from these electronic means are the following:
- Browser type and operating system.
- History of the Internet pages you visit.
- Links that follow.
- IP address.
- Site you visited before entering the AMC site.
These cookies and other technologies may be disabled. To learn how to do this, consult the help menu on your browser (for example: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, among others).
If you want additional information about the type of cookies we use, as well as alternatives to disable them, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Updating the Privacy Notice
AMC reserves the right to modify, update, extend, and/or change the content and scope of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice may be communicated on the website https://www.americasmining.com/contacto/, in the Privacy Notice section. In addition to this, you may request the latest version of the Privacy Notice by sending an email to: [email protected][email protected]
Last updated: September 2022.